Monday, September 3, 2012

God is there through it all

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10
"Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you." Deuteronomy 31:6
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
Sometimes when life gets tough, it can seem like God isn't there--like He decided to hang up a "gone to lunch" sign and left you on your own. One of the biggest issues I struggle with as a Christian is: why does God let bad things happen? I used to think that when something bad happened, it was because God just decided to vacate the building. But the Bible says different. The Bible tells us that no matter what, God is ALWAYS there. He knows the "bad things" that are going to happen before they do, and He has a plan for you. I'm sure you've heard the saying "God wouldn't bring you to it, if He didn't plan on getting you through it." That statement could not be more true. God brings us through struggles and hardship to strengthen us. He would never lead you into the dark and then leave you. 
Here's a wonderful real-life example of my mom's struggle with God during times of difficulty. 
Right after hurricane Katrina, when so many people had died or been left homeless, a little boy in our church died out of the blue. Then my mom found out she had a tumor in her neck and her choices were to get it removed or possibly die. The only issue with getting it removed was that it was attached to the nerve that controlled her tongue, and she may never speak again. For someone who loves to sing and write music, that was a huge issue for her. So she wrote this song, and if you have a minute I think you should take a listen: 
Turns out that God was there through all of my mother's struggles. She had the tumor removed, and by the grace of God is totally fine! 
God is with us through ALL of our trials and tribulations. Find peace in knowing that He already has a plan for you, and He's got it under control. 




No comments:

Post a Comment